Welcome to the Modellers Assistant Website.
What is Modellers Assistant?
Modellers Assistant is a tool for you to organise and manage your hobby and modelling projects. You are provided with:
- A database of modelling paints, cross referenced with other manufacturers.
- A database of kits and aftersales parts (etched kits, decals, masks, etc.), cross referenced where applicable.
- A database of materials and tools.
- Create projects of the items needed for the project (kits, parts, paints, etc.), links to reference web sites, links to reference PDF files that you may have.
- Create projects of projects to split larger projects into smaller ones.
- A stock list of items that you have.
- A shopping list of items that you need to purchase.
- A stock management system to help manage your stock list.
- A database of the real world colour standards as used by military forces around the world (such as RAL, FS, etc.), cross referenced to modelling paint manufacturers products.
- Management of any PDF files that you have collected.
- Management of Web links to websites that you may use for reference material, or shops, or forums.
- Automatic updates of data and the program from the internet. (an internet connection is required to get automatic updates)
- Produce reports of your projects, stock and shopping lists.
With these tools you can plan a project and let Modellers Assistant determine whether you need to purchase any additional items. Organise your PDF files and Web sites that you visit into categories, and associate them to projects. Split larger projects into smaller, manageable projects but still see the overall project.
Modellers Assistant offers you a useful set of tools. Find out for your self by downloading the demo version and see what Modellers Assistant can do for you. The PDF handbook for Modellers Assistant is also available for you to read to see all the features that Modellers Assistant gives you.
The FAQ’s page gives you some answers to the common questions about Modellers Assistant, whilst the ordering page gives you pricing and ordering information.
The Features and Data Statistics pages provide you with more information on the features and data within Modellers Assistant.
If you have any further queries then please drop me an e-mail and I’ll be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Modellers Assistant is written around the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2 and so will only run on a Microsoft Windows platform. Mac user may be able to utilise the bootcamp or a PC emulator to run .NET Framework applications but I haven’t tested this and so cannot support this feature. Also Modellers Assistant will not work on mobile devices.
Modellers Assistant has been tested on 32-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista. Testing has not been done on the 64-bit versions of these operating systems. Theory says that it should run but I cannot support issues due to the 64-bit nature.
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (installed with Modellers Assistant if not present)
MDAC 2.81 (installed with Modellers Assistant if not present)
Windows XP or Windows Vista
Internet Explorer (requirement of .NET Framework)
In general Modellers Assistant needs little more hardware than what the operating system requires, but as a guideline you should have at least:
128 MB Memory
100 MB Hard disk
USB Port (version 1.1 or higher) - this is required
A DVD drive
An internet connection to receive updates (preferably cable or broadband)
With the requirements in mind it is always better to have as much memory and disk space, and the fastest processor that you can afford. This will not only benefit Modellers Assistant but it will also benefit you and your usage of your computer and applications.